One of these days I am going to have to write a short story about that weekend. I forgot how amazing/wonderful/strange/different that part of the country is. Just to give you a small highlight...there are several things that you can purchase on the highway between Dallas and Marshall, Texas, including: guns, wrought iron, miniature donkeys (there were a lot of those), fireworks, cow blankets, and a few other things that may not be appropriate to write on the blog. Now for some pictures!
Henry and Emma are always on their bellies now. And they have really started to interact with each other. When they are in their cribs and awake, they like to play a game of peek-a-boo with each other. They love to peek over the crib railings and talk and laugh. In the picture above, I stepped out of the playroom for a second and when I returned, Henry was chewing on Emma's leg. It didn't seem to bother her at all.
One thing that I have found absolutely fascinating, is that every once in a while, Emma and Henry will do something at the exact same time in the exact same way. On this day, I stepped out of the playroom for a second (again) and when I came back they were both playing with toys on their sides in the same position. I ran to get the camera and when I came back they were like this...in a different position, but still the same as each other. Arms and legs in the same position, both of their heads cocked to the side, and holding toys the same way.

Here is another picture of them playing together. So far they
don't seem to be fighting over toys and are sharing nicely.
Wonder how long that will last...
Here is Emma playing peek-a-boo in her crib.
You can't tell, but she is smiling ear-to-ear.

Amelia and Zachary came over to play one night and they
helped me feed Emma and Henry. It's so fun
having all of the cousins together!
Henry has teeth!!! We have been trying to get a picture of them (2 teeth on the bottom in the middle) but it is not easy. If you put your hands anywhere near his mouth, you may lose a finger. Those teeth are sharp! We were finally able to get a picture when Henry thought that it was hysterical to rub sweet potatoes all over his face.
Gusty and I took Emma and Henry to the zoo last week. The San Francisco Zoo is such a wonderful place. It is really wide open and not crowded at all during the week.
Henry is becoming more mobile everyday. He can roll in every direction and he has perfected the pivot (pivoting around in a circle while on his belly). Now he is starting to get frustrated that he can't move anywhere on his own. Last week Henry figured out how to get onto all fours and scoot backwards. I give him a few weeks before he is crawling.
Playing on the mat!
Emma has also figured out how to pivot around on her belly.
She is quickly catching up to her brother on the mobility front!


These two are sure to be best friends for life!
ReplyDeleteYou are a lucky mom to have such beautiful babies.