Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Fun (and Extremely Hot) Weekend

It has been a really nice weekend despite the heat. It was 95 here! Now, for those of you reading this who are in Louisiana, I can already hear you playing your tiny violins for me...but imagine that wonderful Louisiana heat with 2 infants and no air conditioning. Has the violin stopped yet? Thank you...

Anyway, on Friday, it was extraordinarily hot in the house so we decided to go for a hike. We live in Mill Valley where we are sort of in between the bay and the Pacific Ocean. About 5 minutes from the house is this great hike (Tennessee Valley) that is part paved/part fire road. It is great with a stroller and the perfect 1.5 mile hike to a gorgeous beach that is never crowded. The parking lot at the trailhead was nearly 10 degrees cooler than our house and we even had to put on jackets once we got to the beach. Of course we had to stop and chat with everyone we passed along the trail. I just don't understand why twins are such a novelty to everyone. Oh, and if you don't know this - it is not possible for a boy and a girl twin to be identical. I hear this question every day and it just isn't possible. Also, do not ever say things to a twin mom such as...I'm glad I never had twins. One woman did pass me and say "Lucky you!" I loved her. Finally someone who understood that twins are a blessing, not a curse!

On Saturday, I took Henry and Emma to their first birthday party. My friend Elizabeth (who has twins 10 days younger than ours and are absolutely adorable!) invited me to her nephew's 1st birthday party. It was really nice to meet some new people and to get out a bit. The twins really enjoyed it. Henry started digging his feet in the grass and made a little mud spot that he loved (see picture on right of Henry's 1st time he had dirty feet!).

Thanks to Gusty and Uncle Jamie, we finally have a playroom! This weekend they converted our dining room to a playroom. We just needed more space for Emma and Henry to play. It is great. We have tons of room for all of their toys and if we need to, we can still convert the room back for dining.

It is going to be a busy week. Thankfully, our wonderful nanny Ale is back from a 2 month hiatus (yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!). I will be working most of the week and we have our 6 month check-up on Wednesday. I can't wait to see how much Henry and Emma have grown. I just wish that they didn't have to get all of the shots. The six month appointment also means we are starting solid foods this week. The highchairs have been ordered and we are ready for the mess. I think that the best part of this week may be Saturday though - Geaux Tigers!!!

Who needs toys when you have your feet!


Gusty and Henry watching the Yankees game.


Tennessee Valley Beach

The new playroom!

Henry is not too sure about the bouncy chair yet.
I have a feeling that he will be loving it soon though.


Emma looks stunned, but she is loving her new playroom

No comments:

Post a Comment