We have had a lot of changes over the last week. I think that the biggest change for us is that I fully weaned Henry and Emma last Friday. I can't believe that I made it 5 1/2 months! I spent the 1st 6 weeks begging to quit and then, all of a sudden, it became so much easier. It was actually much easier than bottle-feeding 2 at once.
We also moved up to the Level 3 nipples yesterday. Emma has been extremely difficult to feed lately. She has been terribly fussy during feedings and was eating very little. We took her to the Dr. on Monday to make sure that it wasn't an ear infection. Fortunately, there was nothing medically wrong. (She did weigh in at 15 pounds even though! Growing girl!!!) The Dr. suggested that she may be struggling to get more food faster which equals more gas which equals fussy baby. Turns out, he was right. Level 3 nipples seems to be the answer. Feedings are pretty messy right now while they learn to use them, but are also really fast!
Change #3: Bye bye infant car seats, hello convertible car seats. We waved goodbye to the infant car seat on Monday. They say that you can use them up to 22 pounds but I don't believe that. The kids feet were hanging off the end and the buckles were getting pretty tight. So we transitioned to our beautiful Britax Boulevard Convertible Car Seats (Thanks Phyllis and Jack!!!). I now understand why they say nearly 90% of parents put in car seats incorrectly. It requires a masters in car seats. Hellers, a great children's store in San Rafael, has installed all of our car seats. They are great and I don't believe there was a chance that Gusty and I could have done it correctly.
No comments:
Post a Comment