Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy 5 Month Birthday!

I can't believe that Henry and Emma were 5 months old yesterday! We had a great day. They slept until nearly 8 and played on their mat after breakfast. Then we had bath time. I think that we are going to have to start bathing them in the bath tub instead of the sink now. They LOVE bath time and are starting to figure out how much fun it is to splash. The kitchen is always a disaster afterward. After lunch, Nana and I took them to Babies R Us for an adventure. We had to upgrade to some 6 month sleep sacks and pjs. I wish they would slow down their growth! I feel like it was just yesterday that they were too small for their preemie clothes! Last night, Nana and Pop came over to help me put the babies to bed. It was another great day.

Henry and Emma have changed so much. They have really started to notice each other and are interacting some. Emma is sitting up really well these days. Now she can sit up in her chair and play with her toys at the same time! And Henry is talking! The other day, I was sitting with Nana and Pop and we were talking about the kids names. When I said "Henry," Henry looked up at us and said, "Henry!" I know this sounds crazy, but all 3 of us heard it! My head is telling me that it was a complete coincidence...but can't a mother brag?! Henry has also started scooting himself all over the place. He has figured out how to plant his feet, arch his back and scoot himself backwards. It seems that his favorite time to do this is when I change his diaper which makes it impossible to get a new diaper on. Of course, he thinks that it is hysterical that I have to practically hold him down to change him.

Emma was kind enough to let Henry chew on her hand

Bath time!

Thanks Nana and Pop for putting us to bed!

1 comment: